We'll keep this page updated with resources that can assist you during the coronavirus pandemic.
Here's a quick summary of Prince George's County current Stay-at-Home Executive Order (May 14)
Click the image for information on rent assistance for Prince George's County residents.
STATE & LOCAL RESOURCES
LIST OF FOOD RESOURCES
BEWARE CORONAVIRUS SCAMS [added April 5]
- PEPCO scam: Scammers pretend to call from PEPCO offering reduced service fees
- Social Security scam: Scammers pretend to call from the Social Security Administration saying that social security benefits will be cut because SSA offices are closed and ask recipients to call a number to make sure their benefits are continued.
- Medical scams: Scammers call saying a loved one has tested positive for COVID-19 but payment has to be received before treatment will be administered.
- FTC's list of scams: The Federal Trade Commission is keeping a list of scams that they are monitoring. Check this page often for updates.
CORONAVIRUS TESTING - MARYLAND [added April 4]
COVID-19 testing has opened at FedEx Field in Landover, MD. Before heading out please note the following important information:
- You will be seen by appointment only.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and want to be tested, or if you already have a prescription from a doctor, you need to call the Prince George’s County coronavirus hotline at 301-883-6627 to schedule an appointment
- County health officials will then do a telehealth visit with you to see if you are eligible to be screened at FedEx field. If you are, you’ll get an appointment to go. You cannot go for testing unless you have an appointment.
- Once you arrive, you will be screened again to confirm that you do indeed need a test - based on the current CDC guidelines.
- Some people will be told to self-quarantine and get care instructions for at home, and some will actually be tested for COVID-19.
- The testing and screening site will be open three days a week: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.