Join us on Friday evening, July 24 and Saturday morning, July 25 as we celebrate the Communion service. On Friday evening beginning at 8:00 p.m., we will have our virtual churchwide vesper service and include a footwashing service. I would like our members to gather their families in their homes for worship and wash each others' feet while I provide instruction online. On Saturday morning, during the 11:45 a.m. service, we will have our virtual service with a number of worshipful musical offerings, a message, and then our virtual communion service. Continue reading for details on how to prepare for the service.
To prepare for Friday's footwashing service, members should:
- Get a basin, bucket or pot at home, and towels
- Tune in to our virtual Friday vespers @ 8:00 p.m. [join by video or conference call: 260-475-0758; pin: 761593021#]
- Wash one another's feet at my instruction
To prepare for Sabbath's communion service, members should:
- Get a loaf of bread and some juice
- Break the break into pieces for all of the participants in your home
- Pour the juice into small cups or glasses for all the participants in your home.
- Tune in to our virtual worship service on Sabbath morning at 11:45 a.m. and partake of the bread and the juice at my instruction [http://www.metrosda.org/watch]
(Because the bread and juice are symbols, during this crisis we are not bound to strict interpretations. In other words, the juice doesn't have to be grape juice, etc.)
Above all, we encourage everyone to understand the sanctity of this experience and focus on their connection with Christ.