Please read the following message from Pastor Kinlock regarding our plans to celebrate Communion this weekend.
This pandemic has upended our lives and our regular church schedule. We had originally scheduled this Sabbath to be our Communion service on Resurrection Weekend, but like the other events of the past few weeks, we planned to postpone it. However, just yesterday the Lord inspired me to facilitate a virtual communion celebration for our church family and community.
On Friday evening, April 10, at 8:00 p.m. we will have our virtual churchwide vesper service and include a footwashing service. I would like our members to gather their families in their homes for worship and wash each others' feet while I provide instruction online. On Sabbath morning, April 11, at 11:45 a.m. we will have our virtual service with a number of worshipful musical offerings, a message, and then our virtual communion service.
To prepare for Friday's footwashing service, members should:
- Get a basin, bucket or pot at home, and towels
- Tune in to our virtual Friday vespers @ 8:00 p.m. [join by video or conference call: 260-475-0758; pin: 761593021#]
- Wash one another's feet at my instruction
To prepare for Sabbath's communion service, members should:
- Get a loaf of bread and some juice
- Break the break into pieces for all of the participants in your home
- Pour the juice into small cups or glasses for all the participants in your home.
- Tune in to our virtual worship service on Sabbath morning at 11:45 a.m. and partake of the bread and the juice at my instruction [http://www.metrosda.org/watch]
(Because the bread and juice are symbols, during this crisis we are not bound to strict interpretations. In other words, the juice doesn't have to be grape juice, etc.)
Above all, we encourage everyone to understand the sanctity of this experience and focus on their connection with Christ.
We will host our Metro's Men in Prayer at 1:00 p.m. [Dial-in: 260-475-0758; pin: 761593021 | Video: https://meet.google.com/gvm-cpiu-ioa] and close out the Sabbath with our vesper service at 6:00 p.m. [Dial-in: 260-475-0758; pin: 761593021].
This is a short turnaround, but this crisis is forcing us to adjust minute by minute. Please spread the word and forward this email to anyone you believe should receive this experience. I believe the Lord wants to bless us with His presence this weekend. May you be strengthened by His Spirit and daily renewed in your inner man during this hour of tribulation!