Metro Men - It's time to win! This is how we want you to finish out 2019 - with a winning attitude! Our men's empowerment conference takes place on Friday evening, May 31, and all day Saturday, June 1. Dr. William Lee - senior pastor of the Shiloh Seventh-day Adventist Church in Chicago, IL, and Men's Ministry leader for the Lake Region Conference of Seventh-day Adventists - is our featured presenter on Friday evening and for both services on Saturday morning. He is flanked by two of "our own" speakers for the breaksets - Juwanza McIntosh and Ronnie Vanderhorst. In addition, Duawne Starling will share his awesome musical gifting with us on Friday evening. In keeping with the conference theme, we encourage all men to wear a jersey / t-shirt representing their favorite sports team. Read on for complete conference details, including session topics.
Schedule of Events
Friday, May 31
- 6:45 - 7:30 p.m. - Light supper (Fellowship Hall)
- 7:30 - 8:00 p.m. - Impact: Men in Prayer (Sanctuary)
- 8:00 - 9:30 p.m. - Worship service (Sanctuary; speaker: Dr. William Lee; musical guest: Duawne Starling)
Saturday, June 1
- 9:15 - 10:30 a.m. - First service (Sanctuary; speaker: Dr. William Lee)
- 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. - Bible study classes (Sanctuary & classrooms)
- 11:45 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Second service (Sanctuary; speaker: Dr. William Lee)
- 2:00 - 3:20 p.m. - Lunch for all men (Fellowship Hall; speaker: Juwanza McIntosh - Winning the Mind: Black Men and Mental Health)
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. - General session (Sanctuary; speaker: Dr. William Lee)
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. - Session for teenage boys (Board room)
- 4:40 - 5:40 p.m. - General session (Sanctuary; speaker - Ronnie Vanderhorst - Winning the Battle Against Sexual Perversion)
- 5:45 - 6:00 p.m. - Consecration (Sanctuary; facilitator - Robert Harris)
We encouarge all of our men, especially our young men, to attend, and to bring a friend or two!